January 08, 2019
- 300g IQF Blackberries defrosted
- 300g Bramley Apples Slices defrosted
- 175g butter,
- 300g plain flour
- 284ml whipping cream
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
Total time required: 1 hour 5 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Turn on the oven to 200’C, gas 6. Grease roasting tin (30x20cm) with butter and set aside.
- Place cream and butter into a saucepan and bring to the boil, immediately take off the heat and set aside.
- Whisk sugar and eggs until they thicken and turn pale.
- Place the cooled butter/cream mixture into the eggs and fold in the flour to form a smooth mixture.
- Place batter into the pre
April 06, 2018
Serves 4 - 6
For the filling
- 300g frozen British Bramley Apple Slices
- 150g frozen British IQF Blackberries
- 60g demerara sugar
- 60g butter
For the topping
- 160g plain flour
- 80g butter
- 80g demerara sugar
Vanilla ice cream, to serve.
Total time required: 34 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 220°c/gas mark 7.
- Place the apples into a pan with the butter and gently cook until the apples soften.
- Add the sugar – stirring gently until dissolved.
- Add the blackberries.
- To make the topping, lightly rub the butter into flour and sugar until cr