April 06, 2018
Makes 450ml (1-2 Jam jars)
- 300g defrosted organic blackcurrants
- 300g organic sugar - granulated or caster
- 1 organic lemon – juice only
- 250ml water
Total time required: 1 hour 30 minutes
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 mins – 1 hour
- Place the fruit into a saucepan and cover with 250ml water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the blackcurrants are tender and the liquid has nearly evaporated.
- Add the sugar and juice of the lemon bring to the boil and cook until the jam reaches 105°c on a sugar thermometer.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and pour into clean, sterile jars and seal immediately.