Apple and Blackberry Cake
- 300g IQF Blackberries defrosted
- 300g Bramley Apples Slices defrosted
- 175g butter,
- 300g plain flour
- 284ml whipping cream
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
Total time required: 1 hour 5 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Turn on the oven to 200’C, gas 6. Grease roasting tin (30x20cm) with butter and set aside.
- Place cream and butter into a saucepan and bring to the boil, immediately take off the heat and set aside.
- Whisk sugar and eggs until they thicken and turn pale.
- Place the cooled butter/cream mixture into the eggs and fold in the flour to form a smooth mixture.
- Place batter into the prepared tin and arrange apple slices on the top and scatter over the blackberries and sprinkle with the tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes until golden and beginning to pull away from the sides of the tin. Leave to cool in the tin and cut into squares.