Apple and Blackberry Crumble
Serves 4 - 6
For the filling
- 300g frozen British Bramley Apple Slices
- 150g frozen British IQF Blackberries
- 60g demerara sugar
- 60g butter
For the topping
- 160g plain flour
- 80g butter
- 80g demerara sugar
Vanilla ice cream, to serve.
Total time required: 34 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 220°c/gas mark 7.
- Place the apples into a pan with the butter and gently cook until the apples soften.
- Add the sugar – stirring gently until dissolved.
- Add the blackberries.
- To make the topping, lightly rub the butter into flour and sugar until crumbly.
- Put the apple and blackberry mix into a shallow, oval ovenproof dish. Sprinkle crumble mix over top until all fruit is covered.
- Place in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.