Serves 6 - 8
For the meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 200g caster sugar
For the topping
- 250g British IQF Raspberries defrosted
- 250ml double cream
Total time required
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 to 1 ¼ hours
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Beat the egg whites until satiny peaks form and then beat in the sugar a spoonful at a time until the meringue is stiff and shiny.
- Mound on to a baking sheet in a circle approximately 20cm in diameter - lift the edges with a spoon.
- Place in the centre of the oven, then immediately turn the temperature down to 150C/ gas mark 2. Cook for about 1 to 1 ¼ hours.
- Just before serving whisk the cream until thick but still soft and place on top of the meringue. Scatter raspberries over the top.