Simple Blackcurrant Ice Cream
- 400g British (Organic) Blackcurrants defrosted
- 175g sugar
- 150ml water
- 550ml double cream
Total time required: 20 minutes + cooling, churning & freezing
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- In small batches place the defrosted blackcurrants through a sieve and press until the pulp is extracted – leaving the pips and skin behind.
- Place sugar and water in saucepan over a medium heat stirring until sugar crystals have dissolved, then let it come to the boil and boil for 3 minutes exactly. Remove from the heat.
- Whip cream until it just begins to thicken – be careful not to over whip.
- Stir sugar syrup into fruit pulp, then fold cream into fruit mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Either pour into a plastic box, place lid on the box and freeze. Alternatively place in ice-cream maker and churn until ‘scoopable’ then freeze until solid.