Summer Fruit Pudding
- 330g British Summer Fruits
- 75ml Water
- 50g Sugar
- Thin slices of white bread, crusts removed.
You will also need a small pudding basin, lightly buttered.
Total time required: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours (ideally overnight)
- Place the fruits, water and sugar in a saucepan and simmer until the sugar dissolved and the juices begin to run (roughly 3 – 5 minutes)
- Line the pudding basin with slices of bread, overlapping them and sealing well by pressing the edges together – ensuring there are no gaps.
- Pour in the fruit and juice, reserving some for decoration. Cover the pudding with another slice of bread. Place a small saucer (that fits inside the bowl) on top, then place a small weight on top and place in the fridge for 3 hours (ideally overnight.)
- Before serving turn out onto a dish and spoon reserved juice over – soaking any bits of bread that are still white. Serve with cream.