April 06, 2018
Serves 6 - 8
For the meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 200g caster sugar
For the topping
- 250g British IQF Raspberries defrosted
- 250ml double cream
Total time required
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 to 1 ¼ hours
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Beat the egg whites until satiny peaks form and then beat in the sugar a spoonful at a time until the meringue is stiff and shiny.
- Mound on to a baking sheet in a circle approximately 20cm in diameter - lift the edges with a spoon.
- Place in the centre of the oven, then immediately turn the temperature down to 150C/ gas mark 2. Cook for about 1 to 1 ¼ hours.
April 05, 2018
Makes 14 Blondies
- 100g British IQF Raspberries defrosted
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g soft light brown sugar, sifted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 200g plain flour, sifted
- 100g white chocolate (30g small chunks and 70g finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Total time required: 1 hour 10 minutes
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Use a square cake tin and line with grease proof paper; this will stop the blondie from sticking to the tin. To remove you will need to pick up diagonally opposite corners of