Windmill Hill Fruits Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.britishfrozenfruits.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
- Information About Us
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Data Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- Do We Share Your Data?
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- How Can You Control Your Data?
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- How Can You Access Your Data?
- Contacting Us
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Account means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site; “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below; "personal data" means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the [EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)]; and "We/Us/Our" means Windmill Hill Fruits Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 8901211, whose registered address is Windmill Hill, Harewood End, Hereford, HR2 8JS, and whose main trading address is Windmill Hill, Harewood End, Hereford, HR2 8JS.
Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Windmill Hill Fruits Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 8901211, whose registered address is Windmill Hill, Harewood End, Hereford, HR2 8JS and whose main trading address is Windmill Hill, Harewood End, Hereford, HR2 8JS.
- Our VAT number is GB195 9734 45.
What Does This Policy Cover?
What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth;
- Business/company name
- Job title;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
- Other information entered relevant to customer orders
How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the [Data Protection Act 1998] OR [GDPR] at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR post with information, news and offers on Our products. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the [Data Protection Act 1998] OR [GDPR] and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our products to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring Our products for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- Internal record keeping.
- Third parties whose content appears on Our Site may use third party Cookies, as detailed below in section 13. Please refer to section 13 for more information on controlling Cookies. Please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- insert description of how long each type of personal data will be retained, or how its retention will be determined if this is not a fixed period;
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Do We Share Your Data?
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below.
- 1.2 By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for ???? For more details, please refer to section 6, above, and to section 13.6 below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site and your use and experience of Our Site will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
- 1.3 All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
1.6 The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie Purpose Strictly Necessary CART The association with the customer's shopping cart. Yes CATEGORY_INFO Stores the category info on the page to load pages faster. Yes COMPARE The items in the customer's Compare Products list. Yes CUSTOMER An encrypted version of the shopper's customer ID. Yes CUSTOMER_AUTH Indicates if the customer are currently logged in to the store. Yes CUSTOMER_INFO An encrypted version of the shopper's customer group. Yes EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE Indicates if caching is disabled or enabled. Yes FRONTEND The customer's session ID. Yes GUEST-VIEW Determines if guests can edit their orders. Yes LAST_CATEGORY The last category visited by the shopper. Yes LAST_PRODUCT The most recent product viewed by the shopper. Yes NEWMESSAGE Indicates whether a new message has been received. Yes NO_CACHE Indicates if the cache can be used to store information. Yes PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART A link to information about the shopper's cart and viewing history. Yes RECENTLYCOMPARED Items recently compared by the shopper. Yes STF Information on products the shopper has emailed to friends. Yes STORE The store view or language chosen by the shopper. Yes USER_ALLOWED_SAVE_COOKIE Indicates if the shopper allows cookies to be saved. Yes VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS The products recently viewed by the shopper. Yes WISHLIST An encrypted list of products added to the shopper's wishlist. Yes WISHLIST_CNT The number of items in the shopper's wishlist. Yes
and the following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie Purpose Strictly Necessary
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the product and service offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies:
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.